Intro

My thoughts about life, family and knitting. I am a knitter of over 30 years, just starting to spread my wings on designing my own items. I knit for fun, for my prayer shawl ministry at Sugarloaf UMC, and for my sanity. This blog will chronical my life and what is happening day by day. Grab a cup of tea and enjoy my short rants.



Thursday, January 27, 2011

What a week so far!!

Wow, what a week.  Sorry I missed earlier this week writing, I have had a migraine, day 3 today, but it is MUCH better today.  I can sit up and even think, so I can write something today.

What to write.  I have the TV on to the news, twtiter is tweeting on my phone, and you know, I really don't want to know anything today.  Overload, that is what is happening to me, overload.  So much stuff coming at me, but then there are things I do want to know about.  All my friends up north, I worry about the snow that hit, was one of the worst so far this winter.  I worry about my parents and inlaws, less about the inlaws only because the retirement community they live in is so self-sufficent that even if something would happen, they have every thing right there.  My parents still are living in the same house (41 years this past Jan 3rd) and they are blessed to have my sister Heidi near by and to have some of the best neighbors that watch out for them and will help them with plowing.  But I still worry, something that I keep working on with God.  I try to give it to him before the worry makes me sick.

My kids are doing well, had some hiccups this week and it hurts as a mom to see any of your kids not happy, especailly with friends, but they have worked it out and seem to be on a smooth road again.  I know this will not be the last time, but I hope I can equip my children to be strong and stand up for themselves.  I want them to grow into God loving, empathic, strong and smart adults who find people that love them the way they deserve to be loved.

My husband is well, working hard and blessed to be working at all.  Being in the tech field is either a blessing or albatross and for him, it is a blessing that he has been with his company for 16 years.  He knows about some products they support that no one else knows, so he has his niche.  That allows me to stay home and take care of the kids.  I am not a good person for splitting my time between work and home, never have been, so being able to concentrate on my kids is a blessing from God that I thank him for everyday!

So being overloaded is good and bad, but when I can, I pray and talk with God about it.  Not that he does not already know, but getting it off my chest helps me and stopping and listening to God helps me to do what he wants me to do.  I know and trust in the plan he has for me, he has gotten me through so far the times that I have not listened have gotten me in trouble, but he brought me back from that also!

Now, to get up and start the day, have lots to do and lots to finish and wow, what is on TV now!!!  :)

Go with God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment