Intro

My thoughts about life, family and knitting. I am a knitter of over 30 years, just starting to spread my wings on designing my own items. I knit for fun, for my prayer shawl ministry at Sugarloaf UMC, and for my sanity. This blog will chronical my life and what is happening day by day. Grab a cup of tea and enjoy my short rants.



Thursday, February 17, 2011

Knitting my life away!!

It is truly funny how life moves!!  Got some harsh news yesterday evening, not ready to share so don't ask, and it really rocked me to the core.  Not a good sleeping night, but one dream I did have was me knitting, relaxing and talking with God.  Yes, just sitting with him, and talking while I knit.  I knew when I woke up that God was trying to tell me something, he has got life planned, don't stress and you have to take it as it comes knowing he has it all planned out.  That is the hardest thing I can do.

The easiest thing I can do is to knit.  Now I know why I got 3 new orders last weekend and why 2 of them require me to retool a pattern to fit a need.  Keeps my mind and hands busy and you know the saying, "idle hands are the plaything of Satan!"  As long as I keep my mind occupied, I can't worry about things I have no control over, most of my life, and I will relax. 

I do love to knit, thankful God gave me that as my gift to give to other people.  I have been able to start a prayer shawl ministry at my church and be blessed by others and their talents.  I make things for my children that could never be bought and they know that I truly love them when I knit.  I am blessed in so many ways, I do thank God for giving me that dream last night, after that one, I was able to get some good sleep, just not enough.  I will be drinking coffee today just to keep up!!!

I hope you have a blessed day and that God touches your life and makes it just a little better today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment