Intro

My thoughts about life, family and knitting. I am a knitter of over 30 years, just starting to spread my wings on designing my own items. I knit for fun, for my prayer shawl ministry at Sugarloaf UMC, and for my sanity. This blog will chronical my life and what is happening day by day. Grab a cup of tea and enjoy my short rants.



Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday but no 3 day weekend

Well here it is a Friday and most of America will be out of school on Monday.  We here in Gwinnett GA will not be as we have to make up snow days from January.  So most of the world will be home on Monday, we will have school, and my kids are bummed!!  I tried to tell them, but now they understand that they have to make up those days.  I would have loved to have Monday off, the kids would have had a wonderful day to play at the park, have lunch out at the park, and just relax, but now they have to work!!  Oh well, I don't get any days off, so that is fair I think!!  :)

Well I am not feeling too well, my throat is on fire and I can feel the cold coming on!  So glad that weekend we really don't have anyplace to go, so I can relax tomorrow and hopefully kick this.  I have tons to knit, will probably get at least 2 projects finished tomorrow.  I have 1 more order past that, will get the yarn hopefully on Monday and get that one knocked out by next Friday.  I love having knitting work to do and getting paid for it, that just does not happen nearly often enough.  I am using the money I make to help me pay for yarn to make the shawls and baby blankets for my Prayer Shawl ministry at Sugarloaf UMC in Duluth, GA, someday I would love to be able to do enough knitting to start paying for things for my family.  Pipe dreams, but they are mine!!

Go with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment