Intro

My thoughts about life, family and knitting. I am a knitter of over 30 years, just starting to spread my wings on designing my own items. I knit for fun, for my prayer shawl ministry at Sugarloaf UMC, and for my sanity. This blog will chronical my life and what is happening day by day. Grab a cup of tea and enjoy my short rants.



Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another Day knitting Away!!

I belong to this awesome website, Craftsy,com and I really love using it for knitting ideas.  They have online classes and workshops, some free, but I get some great information there and learn how to do new things.  I finally have seen how to do Continental knitting and purling, I could do the knit stitch but the purl stitch I never caught on.  I got the beginner knitting class, there are some great things in there to learn, and I get to keep it forever.  They have crochet classes also, I have a couple of free patterns from there also.

I am working on a great little neck warming scarf, got it from this beginning knitting class, and it is fun to make.  I am getting back on my feet from all the drama of earlier this year, and this is great therapy for me!!

I will post a picture of the finished project in a later blog, just finishing up the first half and starting the 2nd half.  This also keeps me from sewing the cardigan for my daughter, I do hate to sew but I have a training video on this one and how to block correctly, which I was never shown how since I taught myself how to knit.

I hope you all find something to work on, pop on a comment and let me know what your latest project is!  I would love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment