Intro

My thoughts about life, family and knitting. I am a knitter of over 30 years, just starting to spread my wings on designing my own items. I knit for fun, for my prayer shawl ministry at Sugarloaf UMC, and for my sanity. This blog will chronical my life and what is happening day by day. Grab a cup of tea and enjoy my short rants.



Sunday, July 24, 2011

Starting Sunday

I have lost 8.8 pounds in 2 months, including a 2 week vacation where I lost 1 pound during it!! I credit that to a change in my thinking, I am much more aware of the portion size that I take and my amount of bad foods that I am allowing in. I am having tons more fruits and veggies when I am hungry, taking a que from my kids who ask for fruit and veggies to eat before junk. Not that they are perfect or I am, but it has been a change in my thinking that I know is making a difference. I am feeling better and eating is a big part of it. If I can keep up my energy with this eating, I will lose the rest of the 43 pounds that I want to lose, maybe more! I also have changed my exercise thinking. I actually walked during my vacation, took out my clothes and shoes and got my butt outside and walked, one Sunday morning for an hour! Since I was not at church I used that time to commune with God, talking over a lot of things with him about life and what I will have to do to make it better. That has been a big change for me also, really coming back to God, making time for him also.

This was a good vacation for me, I am really trying to make the time for me to be with God and take care of myself. Taking time to cook real food and nutrious food for the family, better snacking and exercise for me.  I also need to take time to relax with reading and knitting/crochet.  I have been getting more orders from that part of my life, so I need to get more time set aside so that I can make those items made and sold and make that extra money.

This is a starting Sunday for me, restarting my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment