Intro

My thoughts about life, family and knitting. I am a knitter of over 30 years, just starting to spread my wings on designing my own items. I knit for fun, for my prayer shawl ministry at Sugarloaf UMC, and for my sanity. This blog will chronical my life and what is happening day by day. Grab a cup of tea and enjoy my short rants.



Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas in GA

     Well here we are, 5 days into December, 19 more days before Christmas Eve, and I am not stressed.  I find this amusing to me, normally I am looking at my calendar and seeing so many things on my list of things to do and trying to figure out how to do more.  Not this year, I am taking it to heart that Christ is the reason for the season and I am not going to run around and make myself crazy with shopping and trying to get a million things for the kids under the tree so they feel loved.  That is not why they feel loved, they feel it because Eric and I show them our love by doing for them.  Eric is the den leader for Alex, he has to leave work early on Monday's and with his new position will have traveling, but he makes sure he is there for Alex.  I make sure that the kids have good healthy food to eat, that I spend time each day with them and play, that they have clean clothes and a relatively clean house to live in.  I make sure they go to church to learn about God and Jesus and what that means for us.  We take them to do things like pack food for families that have nothing, caroling for older folks who have no one to visit them, making sure they realize just how lucky they really are to be living here in the USA and that they have a house, and clothes and stuff!

     I am going to be knitting somethings for Christmas, I have to plan the party for Alex's class as I am class mom.  Trying to figure out how to spend the precious few days we have up north with our families so that the kids get the quality time with their grandparents, and they get to experience Christmas the way we had growing up.  The kids are hoping for snow!!  Secretly, so am I, but not while we are driving!! 

Well now I have to get going, have lots of clothes to wash, vacuuming to do, and a kitchen to scrub down to get it ready for the month.  I will be going back to my Flylady roots and getting a schedule going again for my housework.  This way I stress less and enjoy my life more and have more time to knit!!

     I am planning on writing more in the new year, and trying my hand at some designing of simple items for knitting and crocheting.  If you want to learn how, I would love to teach you and if you live in Suwanee, drop me a note and we can set it up!!  If not, find a local yarn shop or look on YouTube, there are tons of videos out there.  You can even get books and videos from the library!!

Take care and Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment